While we don’t mind coming out to fix your home air conditioner (it’s what we do), we’d rather service your equipment before you need emergency AC repairs. As part of your seasonal air conditioner maintenance and tune-up service, your HVAC technician will check your refrigerant levels, determine if there are any leaks, and properly dispose of discharged Freon.
We’ll also check the controls, electrical terminals, belts, connectors, etc., and replace worn or broken parts before they become a big problem. In addition we will recommend additional non-emergency replacements and upgrades that can help extend the life of your air conditioning system.
This gives you the information and time to think about what you want to do with your system before you’re on the spot to make a decision.
AC Tune-Up & Diagnostic Service FAQs
Not exactly. There are two types of coils in your AC or heat pump; your indoor evaporator coils and outdoor condenser coils. These can become clogged with just about anything over time, depending on where they’re located in your home, this could include dirt, bacteria, pet hair, tobacco smoke, and rust. All of these things cause erosion, deterioration, and eventual malfunction of AC equipment. Having them cleaned regularly is important. And we recommend this at least once a year. Can’t remember the last time your coils were looked at or cleaned? Then, it’s probably time for HVAC maintenance.
It's recommended that an AC unit be serviced at least once a year near Atlanta, ideally before the start of the cooling season and when you start using your AC unit more regularly. This will ensure that the unit is running efficiently and that any potential problems can be identified and addressed before they become major repair issues.
There are several signs that may indicate your home AC unit needs maintenance near Atlanta:
- Poor cooling: You notice your AC unit is not cooling your home effectively.
- Strange noises: Your AC unit is making strange noises, such as grinding, squealing, or rattling.
- Higher energy bills: If your energy bills have been increasing and you haven't made any changes to your usage.
- Leaks: If you notice water leaks around your AC unit.
- Musty odors: If you notice musty odors coming from your AC unit.
- Odd cycling: If your AC unit is cycling on and off frequently.
If you notice any of these signs, it's best to call a professional AC technician to have your unit checked and serviced as soon as possible.
Yes, especially if you want your AC unit running at peak efficiency. AC tune-ups can be worth it near Atlanta as they can help keep your unit running efficiently and effectively, which can save you money in the long run. Regular maintenance can help extend the life of your unit and prevent costly repairs by identifying and addressing potential problems before they become major issues.
HomeCare Preventative Maintenance Plan
Priceless Peace of Mind for only: $12.95/month (for the first system)
Summer Inspection Features:
- Replace air filter (1” width only) Check critical refrigerant coils on outdoor unit (reduces power consumption)
- Inspect critical refrigerant coils on indoor unit (prevents costly breakdowns)
- Inspect and clean drain lines on indoor unit (prevents water leaks)
- Inspect all electrical fittings on indoor and outdoor equipment (tighten or adjust if necessary)
- Test all motors, controls, and safety switches to ensure proper function (increases lifespan)
- Check rotation and balance of fan blades on outdoor unit (reduces AC noise)
- Check settings on indoor unit fan motor to ensure proper airflow (improves comfort in the home)
- Measure electrical consumption on all motors and compressor to verify they are within safe operating range (identifies problem components before they fail)
- Check refrigerant level to make sure it is within proper range of operation (identifies costly leaks and poorly functioning units)
- Verify breaker sizes for heating and cooling equipment (prevents catastrophic failures)
- Check for code violations that may be posing a safety risk (prevents fires, airborne illnesses, and carbon monoxide poisoning)
Get An Efficient, Reliable AC System For Years to Come
We want you to be able to enjoy your cooling system for as long as possible! Routine maintenance is crucial to helping your system reach its expected lifespan, and remain efficient up until that point. Learn more about our homecare maintenance plan, or give us a call at 770-667-6937.